Hello everyone, my name is Marlee! Welcome to a little glimpse into my world – My crazy, dog obsessed world.
The title of my blog, Marlee and Me, came quite easy to me. I knew I wanted to write a fun blog, mainly focusing on my dog, Duke. I wanted to make him relatable to humans. I wanted to make people laugh. I wanted to bring smiles to my readers’ faces.
I remember watching the movie Marlee and Me, and going through every emotion possible – happiness, laughter, joy, heart break, and utter sadness. It was a roller coaster, but a relatable one. And come on, Marlee was completely adorable and hilarious, and the bond with his humans was beautiful and refreshing.
So that movie is kind of what sparked my idea for this blog. My name is Marlee, and some of the blog is written from my point of view, about everyday topics in life. The other part of the blog, the “Me” part, well that is all Duke. Hilarious, sentimental, and slobbery posts from a dapper canine, looking for a few laughs. So hop on this roller coaster with us. We promise not to disappoint. However, there might be a little drool…
You want to know more about me? Here are some fun facts:
- I am a caffeine addict, who has to either begin the day with a Red Bull or a Hazelnut Latte.
- Peanut Butter is my drug of choice. I put it on graham crackers, crackers, Oreos, and even go as far as spooning it out of the jar.
- Just call me the Cookie Monster because that’s my secret identity. I will eat any cookie at any time. Bring me a cookie and we will be best friends for life.
- I am a twin sister, and yes, we do have that twin telepathy thing going on. I also have an older brother and a much hairier sister (she is a golden retriever).
- I am obsessed with Taylor Swift. I have been to every one of her concerts in Pittsburgh and I can belt out the lyrics to every one of her songs (you might want to close your ears).
- My nights are usually spent binge watching shows on Netflix. I once watched all 11 seasons of Greys Anatomy in about a month and a half.
- I am from the ‘Sweetest Place on Earth.’ Actually, it’s not all sweet, but it does have a little charm.
- I am completely corny. Tell me a knock-knock joke or a good pun, and I will be rolling on the floor laughing. Also, just look up Marcel the Shell on YouTube, and you will understand how lame I really am.
- As you may have guessed, I am head-over-heels in love with my dog Duke. Adopting him was the best thing that ever happened to me.
- Most importantly, I am a Christian. Jesus is my main squeeze and I would not be able to make it through this crazy life without him.
So, now you know a little bit about the girl behind the blog, and as Marcel the Shell would say… “Read on…”