In exactly 10 days, I will officially be 25-years-old.
That is half way to 50, 1/4 of a century, and 10 gray hairs of maturity. I know to some of you, I am still considered a “young-in,” but to me, I am getting old. I mean, I have been graduated from high school for SEVEN years, and from college THREE years. Like what the heck – where has the time gone?! I can already hear the cracks in my knees when I get up from sitting for an extended period of time, and yes, like I mentioned above, I have found multiple gray hairs – YIKES!
Luckily for me, I have learned a lot over my almost 25 years of life. Sorry that I keep repeating that I will be 25 – I am having a hard time dealing with the fact that I keep aging so quickly. Anyway, I have compiled a list of 25 things that I have learned in my 25 years. I think it’s appropriate to share, because some of you will be where I am someday, and some of you have already been where I am at. So we can compare what we’ve learned through the years.
So here I go…
- Doing laundry is somehow therapeutic. I’m sure that will change in a few years.
- Saying no to going out with people to hang out on the couch with your dog is okay.
- Cooking like your still in college is acceptable, but preparing a nice meal at least once a week, makes you feel good inside. But my go to is still Velveeta Mac N’ Cheese, and I have no shame eating the whole box.
- Maybe waiting until the gas light is on to get gas isn’t such a smart idea.
- Going out in public in PJ pants is a thing. A great, great thing. Stop caring about impressing everyone.
- Having one best friend is better than having ten or more “okay” friends. Even if that one best friend is your twin.
- One glass of wine just won’t cut it. A whole bottle will do the trick – maybe.
- Pizza is in a food group all of its own. And it’s the only one that really matters.
- Laughing at yourself is important. Don’t take things so seriously.
- Finding gray hairs will happen, and even after you pull them out, they will grow back.
- On your days off, don’t wear makeup. Just rely on the Snapchat filters.
- Crockpot meals are the best kind of meals. When you want to actually cook something other than Mac N’ Cheese.
- Doing crossword puzzles are sometimes better than watching TV.
- Maybe Web MD isn’t always right. Maybe you’re not always going to die.
- Meatloaf isn’t so bad.
- Grown-up clothes are fun, but so are childish ones.
- Do what makes you happy, instead of trying to impress everyone else.
- College loans still suck, but you’re making progress.
- Not having your life completely figured out is still okay.
- Lifetime movies are completely predictable, but you still watch them anyway. Especially new movie Saturdays.
- Having a made bed every morning makes a world of difference. Your house will always feel messy if your bed is not made.
- Watching the six o’ clock news followed by Jeopardy is the only way to spend a week night.
- You still don’t know more than your parents, but please, don’t tell them that.
- Even though over half of your graduating class is married with kids, you’re still a normal human being. Maybe you’re actually better off.
- Like I mentioned above, you’re half way to 50. Start living it up!
So, I still have 10 more days until my hair starts to fall out and the wrinkles start to appear on my face. Okay, okay, I may be exaggerating slightly. But I am going to break out the wine and a dozen of cookies anyway, to start wallowing in self pity.
Check back with me in a week to see how I’m doing.